Nothing ruins your day like being pulled over for a moving violation. Traffic tickets are disliked for a number of reasons:
- They are expensive, causing extra pain to those who can least afford it.
- The state has significantly raised penalties for repeat offenders.
- Law enforcement officers often prey on out-of-state drivers and college students.
- Tickets threaten your livelihood if you drive a truck or cab or need to drive to work.
- Convictions go on your permanent record, where employers and schools can see them.
- The laws seem more intent on generating revenue than saving lives.
- Tickets harm people who have not caused anyone actual harm.
Rockville, Maryland, Speeding Ticket Attorneys
The Law Offices of Thomas C. Mooney places a special focus on dealing with traffic violations. We fight a wide variety of tickets and charges:
- Reckless driving
- Eluding police
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Failure to appear
- Driving without a license
- Hit and run
- Running a red light
- License suspension/revocation
- Bench warrants for unpaid tickets
If you elect to fight the charges listed on your ticket, chances are you won't go to any kind of trial, but will instead need to persuade a traffic commissioner of your version of the story. The officer issuing the ticket will be given greater credence than you. But a skilled traffic ticket lawyer can often spot a defect in the case, and work it to your advantage.
Have you been arrested for speeding? Call the Upper Marlboro traffic ticket attorneys at the Law Offices of Thomas C. Mooney at 301-579-3429.