Helping You Fight Traffic Violations
Nothing ruins your day like being pulled over for a moving violation. Traffic tickets are disliked for a number of reasons:
- They are expensive, causing extra pain to those who can least afford it.
- The state has significantly raised penalties for repeat offenders.
- Law enforcement officers often prey on out-of-state drivers and college students.
- Tickets threaten your livelihood if you drive a truck or cab or need to drive to work.
- Convictions go on your permanent record, where employers and schools can see them.
- The laws seem more intent on generating revenue than saving lives.
- Tickets harm people who have not caused anyone actual harm.
Why You Should Have A Lawyer For A Ticket
It seems simple – get pulled over, get a ticket, pay your ticket. However, it is important to know how a traffic violation may impact your life. You may accumulate points on your driving record that can lead to the suspension of your license. You also can see an increase in your auto insurance rates if you have too many tickets on your record.
It may be possible to argue for the dismissal of a traffic ticket. Our firm is staffed with premiere trial attorneys who are well-versed in the traffic laws in Maryland and is prepared to defend your rights. Our lead attorney is a nationally-recognized trial attorney who handled very complex criminal defense cases, but also brings the same intensity, joy and enthusiasm to the defense of clients dealing with traffic citations.
Protecting You From Erroneous Tickets
The Law Offices of Thomas C. Mooney places a special focus on dealing with traffic violations. We fight a wide variety of tickets and charges:
- Reckless driving
- Eluding police
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Failure to appear
- Driving without a license
- Running a red light
- License suspension/revocation
- Bench warrants for unpaid tickets
If you elect to fight the charges listed on your ticket, chances are you won’t go to any kind of trial, but will instead need to persuade a traffic commissioner of your version of the story. The officer issuing the ticket will be given greater credence than you. But a skilled traffic ticket lawyer can often spot a defect in the case, and work it to your advantage.